aSa President/CEO Scott Leib sent a letter to all aSa customers this week outlining aSa’s response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Among the topics covered in the letter is an explanation of services aSa is offering to help companies during these uncertain times.
From Scott’s letter:
Not business as usual. As much as possible, we are trying to maintain business as usual. But we recognize that now is anything but usual. During this time, we are here to assist you in many ways:
1. Free VPN configuration consultation. If you need help setting up WFH for employees at your company, please contact the aSa IT department for details. We can help you to establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) so that employees can safely and securely access your company systems. You may already have an appropriate firewall device in place (such as a SonicWall), otherwise you will need to purchase one. You may also need to purchase some additional VPN licenses. aSa will waive the initial consultation service fees for VPN access configuration. Contact IT@aSaHQ.com for assistance.
2. Free aSa software licenses for home use. aSa e x software can be licensed for home use a few different ways: either a check-in/check-out process with concurrent user licensing from your central server or by issuing a new license for the computer at home. aSa will waive any fees associated with temporary home licenses. Contact aSa if you need assistance with either of these two methods: Licensing@asaHQ.com. For customers already using aSa.Studio, no change in licensing is needed; just log in through your browser on your home computer.
3. System Backups. As always, we recommend that you have reliable backups of your important data. If you are unsure if you are set up properly, please contact IT@aSaHQ.com for assistance.
4. Free webinars. aSa will be hosting free webinars for our customers, providing concise and helpful training sessions on our current aSa ex Windows-based software. More details about these webinars including topics, dates, and times will be coming soon.
5. Customer Advisory Boards. We have been busy designing, developing, and implementing our new cloud‑based aSa.Studio software. Basic functionality from Order Entry (Bar Listing) through to Shipping has been completed. Next, we are working on connecting our CAD applications, Estimating, and Rebar Financials. We will be increasing our communication with our Customer Advisory Boards in various areas including CAD, Projects (Estimating, Pricing, Contract Management, and Field Placing), and Accounts Receivable / Billing. If you are interested in assisting aSa with our design process, please contact CABgeneral@asaHQ.com.
The letter concludes:
Summary. At this point, it is unclear what the long-term impact COVID-19 will have on construction projects, rebar fabrication, and the global economy. Our hope is that these short-term shut-downs will be effective in minimizing the spread of the virus and business will resume normally as soon as possible. In the meantime, be safe and if there is any way we can be of assistance, we are here for you. Please contact me if you have any questions.
Scott D. Leib